All information found on this website or in any of our newsletters, including any ideas, opinions, views, predictions, forecasts, commentaries, suggestions, or stock picks, expressed or implied herein, are for informational, entertainment or educational purposes only and should not be construed as personal investment advice.
Gecko Research (“the Author”) is not licensed to act as investment advisor or to deal in securities in any jurisdiction. The information contained here is not intended to be advice and any information contained herein should not be relied upon for any investment decision. In the event that a reader wished to propose investment in any public issuer referred to herein, they should consult with their own legal and financial advisors before making such investment.
Gecko Research is not a registered financial advisor and investors should seek professional advice before making any investment decision. Our research is independent and is based on our view of the company or sector based on publicly available information. Factual errors might still occur, and it is every reader´s obligation to do their own research and not to solely rely on information given by the Author. The article/newsletter is our view about the stock and do not constitute advice to buy or sell shares in the companies we discuss or any other company. The Author’s mission is to provide transparent viewpoints on companies we believe provide good investment opportunities.
Gecko Research is almost always invested in the companies we write about and thus one can assume that there is some bias within our investment ideas. Although we see ourselves as long term investors, we might buy and/or sell the stocks we write about at any time. In no event shall the Author be liable to any person for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided herein. In other words, make your own decisions and proceed at your own risk. Never base any decision solely off of our website or emails.
Investing, and in particular in junior companies, is associated with very high risk as well as extreme volatility. For those of you who cannot deal with that kind of environment, we think you should perhaps look elsewhere for investment ideas.
As Gecko Research might occasionally be reimbursed for costs while visiting project sites or arranging investor presentations, Gecko Research does not get reimbursed for the articles we write.
By accessing or otherwise using this website, you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted this disclaimer.
Gecko Research is comprised of a small group of private investors whose aim is to broadly share knowledge and investment ideas. Our research is independent and is based on our view of the company or sector based on publicly available information. Our mission is to provide transparent viewpoints on companies we believe provide good investment opportunities. Our group is almost always invested in the companies we research and thus one can assume that there is some bias within our investment ideas. The opinions expressed in Gecko Research articles and newsletters are ours only and we strongly encourage that our readers do their own due diligence and make their own investment decisions.
A few extra precautionary words
Investing in resource companies, and juniors in particular, is associated with very high risk as well as extreme volatility. For those of you who cannot deal with that kind of environment, we think you should perhaps look elsewhere for investment ideas. Here are some of the guidelines we try to follow ourselves:
1) We never use leverage when investing/speculating.
2) We only invest money that we can afford to lose or leave in the market for a longer period of time (1-2 years).
3) We stay away from ETF’s in general. They are paper promises which add another possible risk. One exception could be GDX/GDXJ for those who want a diversified exposure to gold companies.
4) We take profits. We are not afraid to keep some money on the sidelines; there will always be new buying opportunities along the way. One way of doing it, is to sell enough shares after a good run, to enjoy the remaining holding as a free ride.
5) We do our own due diligence to the best of our ability. We also follow the fundamental changes in every holding by reading news releases, MD&A’s etc. We understand and recognize the very high risks that comes with investing in junior resource stocks. It’s so important to follow the companies’ every move and news release, otherwise one might as well stay away.
6) We try to keep our portfolios well diversified. By doing so, we lower the already high risk. For us, this does not only mean holding many different companies, but also to hold companies with projects in different parts of the world. We believe there are land and political risks everywhere, something that will be even more visible in the coming years.
7) Related to point #6, we have a substantial holding in physical metal as a foundation in our portfolios. It’s an easy trade to do, just buy – hold/hide – forget about it. We don’t have to worry about confiscation, political risk, natural disasters and management and so on.
Good luck on your investing!
Team Gecko Research
We use your Personal Information for providing and improving our services. By using our services and this website, as well as signing up for our newsletter, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. Read our Private Policy here.